Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Wrap up on the presentations

During the last class period we reflected on what skills were learned in the process of completing the presentations.

"Learned to research things on the web better, because before I was really bad at it and my dad would make fun of me for it. It’s a lot easier to find things, now I know how to search."

"I’ve never been the one to pick up the slack, I’ve always been the slacker, but with this project I picked up the slack."

Here's some of the valuable things that we learned:

If you’re editing a movie don’t do it the day it is due

If you are editing a movie the day it is due, make sure you have someone around knows what they are doing.

How to make a website using only HTML.

Public speaking skills: face the audience and project your voice. make sure that everyone speaks the same amount. Had a script and practiced, equally distributed.

Time management: don’t wait to the last minute, delegating. Misinterpretation of directions, don’t be lazy. Read the directions for the assignment.

Test your presentation before you do it to make sure it works.

If you offer the audience the chance to ask questions you need to know what you’re talking about:

Time management: pay more attention to deadlines.

Learned how to make a blog

Make a better PowerPoint

Learned how to make a PowerPoint

I learned that communication between group members is really important.

How to make t-shirts

I can do just about anything on MySpace

No comments: